Sunday, November 13, 2011

And the Weekend Ends...

November 13 -- Sunday is over and I still feel like I could have worked for several more hours getting plans ready for this week.  I asked Brian, "why is it that lesson plans take so long?"  I just feel like it takes forever to make sure everything works -- to make sure I have enough time, enough interesting ways to present the material, to make sure I even know what I am teaching, before I close the books and start my week with the kids.

This is the first full week we have had in ages and, quite frankly, it's going to be a weird one with Thanksgiving break looming next week.   It's going to be interesting to see how the kids behave -- especially my seniors.  I am so annoyed with them right now.  Some of those kids are such babies when it comes to doing work -- if it's a smidge "boring" or difficult, they give up and don't do the work.  Yeah.  Future adults of America.  Living off of Mommy and Daddy because they don't have the independent work ethic to do all of the work -- the fun stuff and the boring stuff.

I just think about their lives ahead and can only hope -- for their sake -- that they grow up.  And soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment