Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snow, Again??

March 22 --  Every day, the superintendent of our school system sends the staff members a four day weather forecast.  It's quite entertaining actually.  Either he missed his professional calling or he was a weatherman in his past life because, quite frankly, it's a very detailed and quite prolific forecast. In short, he is obsessed with the weather. Sometimes he sends color coded maps.  Other times he provides definitions for complex weather forecasting terms.  It's amusing and bizarre and actually helpful all rolled into one email.

Either way, today he sent a really sh*#ty one.  In bright blue letters, he warned that not only are we getting more snow (ha, I typed "snot" first before I fixed my typo.  a subconscious typo for sure...);  apparently we are supposed to get more snow TWICE in the coming week.   Since we have just passed the numerical/monthly marker of spring, I find this information ridiculous and flat-out unacceptable.

But, as I explained to my indignant daughter tonight, Mother Nature cares not what we want or how we feel.  For God's sake, look at Japan.  I guess, on reflection, we can handle a little more snow after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment