Thursday, June 23, 2011

Monica Isn't Scary Anymore

June 23 -- Feeling kind of fat, I went to the gym today for a spinning class.  Even though I went on Tuesday and endured the very difficult teacher - Terry,  I haven't been there too much lately so I made sure I went today.   Scary Monica taught the class today.  Except this time, I decided she isn't really scary after all.  Maybe it's just that I have had her so many times, I have gotten to know her, as far as one actually "gets to know" a spinning instructor that is...

So that got me to thinking about how many times something new or unknown frightens me and then, when I keep at it, I become less anxious.  Hmmm.  There is a significant lesson in there somewhere but I have to confess, I am just not in the mood to think about it too carefully!  Suffice it to say, I actually enjoyed Monica's spinning class -- even the one crazy rap song she played.  I am a changed woman these days...ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment