Friday, August 26, 2011

Luke is at College -- It's official

August 26th -- geez, I have had this date etched into my mind for months.  Ever since Luke accepted at the end of April.  And now we have gone through this milestone day -- I brought my first born son to college.  I am really sad but I am so happy for him.  Even though he seemed really tired and clearly irritated by life (and overwhelmed by everything) I think he will enjoy it immensely.  I bawled all day yesterday -- today I was focused on getting his room organized (it looks great-- his side anyway.  I have to say, I am such a decorator.  I mean, it's not like it's out of a magazine, it just works really, really well.  I am so glad I bought the pieces I did.)

So now I can picture him in his habitat.  (which will never be as neat as I left it, I'm sure. ) and we met his roommate who seems like a really nice kid.  And now I am drinking wine.  Heavily.  And then off to bed because with this Irene hurricane coming, there is sooooo much to do tomorrow!  

But I do miss the Lukie man...

No comments:

Post a Comment