Monday, December 12, 2011

Pastitsio

December 12 --  Today I had a few hours after work where I truly didn't have anything pressing to do.  My grades were in, interim reports had been issued and I was done with my preps for tomorrow's classes.  So I did something I haven't done in a long, long time -- I cooked a really awesome dinner.  I don't know why I gravitated toward the amazing pastitsio recipe;  it's a fairly complicated meal that takes at least two to three hours to prepare and bake.  Maybe because it had been so long since I had cooked a meal that was both challenging and rewarding.  I just wanted to see if I could "ride the bike again."

Man, it felt good to be in the kitchen again.  I even celebrated and had half a glass of wine.  Until the headache came back...I don't know what is going on.  I was pain free for two days.  But at least I got the dinner in.  That's one great thing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment