Sunday, September 11, 2011

(Brief) Thoughts about 9/11

September 11, 2011 -- It's hard to believe that it has been ten years since our world was changed so irrevocably by violence in the skies.   My friend from college, Stacy, was killed in the World Trade Towers.  She left behind a husband and two children.  When I think of Stacy, I see a young woman who always had a smile for everyone.  A definite bright light, extinguished so early.   So many deaths, so many tragic stories.  So many close calls.  It all made no sense and really?  It still doesn't.  Time has just blurred the event, but not provided any resolution.  We are still fighting some hard to understand battle -- our objective morphs with each new country we "invade."  It all just seems so nebulous.

And like I said, I don't think we are any closer to resolving the tragedy than we were 10 years ago.  So maybe...invasion wasn't the answer.  Ya think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment