Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Who Is Watching the Kids??

September 7 -- Tonight, Brian had an emergency at work and had to stay really late.  So I made dinner for the first time in ages.  It was nice to get back in the kitchen (I love to cook) but he had laid out the ingredients for a "special" recipe that he and the kids love.  I like it to but I don't like cooking it -- too many steps for a week night dinner.  It was Shepherds Pie with mashed potatoes made from scratch but he bought the gravy packets, thank goodness.  ANyway, by the time I got it in the oven, I was exhausted and still had work to do.   I finished dinner, made my lunch for tomorrow and headed into the office.  About an hour or so later, I realized that all the kids had gone to bed.  I remembered Riley coming over and giving him a hug and a kiss goodnight but...I didn't remember Tessa.  Or Connor.  It was all a blur.

And that's a bummer part of this new job.  I do miss those little lovies.  Although, admittedly, I do see quite a bit of Tessa and Connor at school.  In a way, that's nice because when she is in front of others, Tessa is always a joy to be around.  (It's just when we are home alone that the other "part" comes out!)  The kids have been really good overall -- and every day they make me smile or laugh out loud.  ahhhhh.  It's all part of life I know.  I am blessed to have them, and even luckier, in this economy, to have a steady job.  So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment