Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tonight, I miss my Old Job

September 13 -- Tonight I got an email from the new pr girl -- the one we hired to take my job.  I read her email about learning how to use inDesign and create the next newsletter for the region.  I couldn't help but read her email with a heavy heart.  I had it so good and I didn't know it.  Why, I am thinking, did I ever leave?  Why was I so focused on "expanding my mind, exploring new avenues?" (In all honesty, I was rather bored after three years at the job.) But  even the school nurse said to me when I finished my blood pathogen training quiz (no you cannot get a blood pathogen virus from the air), "why did you leave the pr job?  You had such a good thing going..."  ughhh.  I did have a good thing. My boss liked me a lot.  My peers were wonderful (for the most part.)  I came and went as I pleased.  I got the job done and then, as time allowed, I added more and more responsibilities.  But the money stunk.  And truly, I wanted to get back into the classroom.  The schedule fit my needs for being around the children.  (especially in the summer!)  (How many months till summer break?!)  And there were benefits -- as in health benefits!

I am just so tired.  Today I worked from 7am until 6:30pm.  and then came home and worked some more.  And it's only Tuesday.  And I will work all weekend, I know it.  Is it worth it?  The stress?  I want to be a yoga teacher.  Meditate and speak quietly and do amazing twists and bends which help me maintain flexibility.  I want to teach students who want to be there!  Ahhhhhh.  But will it help pay the college bills.  Does it pay a retirement benefit?  Is that all worth it?  stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment