Monday, September 26, 2011

Going to Bed at 9pm

September 26 --  I can't even believe it but as soon as I finish this blog entry, I am going up to bed.  I never, ever go to bed this early but I am suddenly so exhausted.  I was going to start reading the Crucible tonight.  I don't know why but the thought of reading that play again (the last time I read it was -- truly -- over 30 years ago) gives me the heebie jeebies.  All the teachers say the kids love that play but I don't recall being overly excited about it in high school.  Maybe it's different now...?  All that texting makes them totally appreciate Puritanism and McCarthyism?  Really?

So the choice is...read the Crucible...or sleep.  Needless to say, I am choosing sleep.  The Crucible (and the essays by John Smith and William Bradford -- ughhhh) can wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment